Friday, January 7, 2011

Sword


Write a brief bit of fiction using the prompt "Sword."
 I’d give anything just for one day to carry around a sword on my back. I’d wear it slung over one shoulder and feel the solid weight of it pressing across my spine.  Walking up and down these grocery aisles is total bore unless you’re hungry.  If I’m really hungry, I can usually snag at least one snack that doesn’t include wheat-germ or flax seed in it.   God, Cheetos would be fantastic right now.  Cheetos would qualify as an “out of bounds item”.  Other kids my age gorge on the stuff.  Me?  I score a bag of salted nuts and throw a party I’m so excited.

If one more person wrinkles their brow with that  questioning look that says, “Is that a nose job bandage or did that angry girl just get into a fist fight?”  SLING  that’s when, right there, with just the flip of my elbow I’d slide that sword right off my back and scare the crap out of them.  A sword and a bag of Cheetos is what I really want right now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Would you agree that puff cheetos taste completely different from regular cheetos?

kennedykid said...

Yes, hate the puff Cheetos. But what the character would say here, she'd take whatever she can get her hands on! :)