Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Really? I am sooooo ahh-some...

Those words sailed across my mind in ticker tape fashion as I logged on today to post. 

I have obviously failed horribly at this quest of keeping up a blog.  Big bomb-o.  Ka-pow.  I swore up and down, again and again that I really would post regularly this time.  And a little later...Okay,okay, maybe I didn't make it that last time, but it was because of a horrible bout of insecurity and I didn't want to look silly in front of the thousands of people who read this blog.  But now I'm back and I am soooo on it this time.  Or not.  It seems like one out of two people that I know and their Great Aunt Sally has a blog up and running.  All of them post more regularly than I do. Actually, Aunt Sally's Bingo Review blog is really quite thrilling.
 
Interestingly enough, despite my erratic behavior, I still like this blog.  I just don't have the heart to throw it out completely.   I feel like this poor blog's philandering spouse.  I am constant cheating on it with other more interesting and dynamic activities like reading, talking on the phone, wiping down baseboards, making sure my dog doesn't run off and pee in the corner, and breathing.  In-out, in-out, all day long.  Really it is a huge commitment.  All the while, Mr. High and Off just sits here, quietly entertaining the few guests that visit with the meager posts I leave him, trying to hide the flush of embarrassment. 

It is appropriate that the very title of this blog is "High and Off".  Should anything else be expected from such an author of such blog?  I would argue no.  So, perhaps I am only staying true to the very nature of the blog and myself.  Let's call it, keeping it real.  Regardless of my pitiful efforts, I remain utterly amazed by the blogs that some of my friends have put together.  They are so advanced and gorgeous!  I always say that I am going to learn how to do those cool layouts and add all of those fancy links and buttons, but then my dog gets that look in her eye and I know she's about to go squat in a corner of our house.  So I take a little 4 month break and forget about it.

Plus, I have to keep this blog up and running for the two people that live and breathe for each and every entry, my mom and sister.  Understandably, they just don't get enough of me on a regular basis. So, the blog must go on.

I have been writing a bit on my own from The One Minute Writer Blog.  I figure I can always post those.  And if you get bored, refer back to Aunt Sally's Bingo Blog, or any of the other awesome blogs I read and you'll feel like you didn't waste your time. 

The prompt today was:


You're going to create a new political party. Name it, and come up with a slogan to describe what the party stands for.

The Coffee Party-  Exactly like the Tea Party but cooler, with better hair and breath mints in our satin lined pockets.  

I know that this doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.  But you only get a minute.  Just for the record, I so wanted to edit this, but again, I am "Keepin' It Real" for you people (Mom and Jenny).
Until next time, or April 1st. I'll be here or I will not.

Kate




No comments: