Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wake up call


Write about the last time you had to wake up extra-early. Why did you get up early? Was it worth it?

 Usually,I reluctantly pull myself out from underneath my down covers around 5am each morning.  I don’t have many instances that I need to be up and ambulatory earlier than that.  What presents a more fun question for me to ponder is what would I willingly, without the help of strong coffee and flavored creamer, drag myself out of bed to do at 3:30 am?

  • ·         Finish reading a good book.   I never seem to have enough time to read all the different types of books that make it to my “Must Read” list.
  • ·         Paint a canvas.  I haven’t ever done this in my life.  Yet, I imagine I would not want anyone to see it.  Kai’s art therapist in the hospital inspired me to try sometime.
  • ·         Almost any creative project.  Like what I want to do right now, which is to paint a mirror, collect    twigs, cut them, glue them on and spray paint the whole thing cream. 
  • ·         Walk outside in the early morning as long as I could bring a guard dog with me and not feel like an impending heart attack was lurking behind each and every crouching bush. 
  • ·         Get my hair highlighted for free or reduced price.  I would dance a Russian jig at a high school pep rally in a gorilla suit for good highlights that didn’t require mortgaging our home.



No comments: