Thursday, February 3, 2011

Book worm


What is a good thing you can't have too much of?

I can never have too many good books to read.  Whether they are nonfiction or fiction, reading keeps me going.  It is like eating or breathing, I cannot imagine life without books.  A black cloud of dread begins to follow me around when I do not know which book I should read next.  Walking into the library lifts my spirits, no matter my mood is at the time.  I could skip through the aisles and twirl about like Maria on the mountain top in The Sound of Music.  The library has always been a place of refuge for me.  Whenever there has been a possibility for us to move, I have always checked out the libraries in the area first.  I simply could not live somewhere with a rinky-dink library. 

When I hear people say that they don’t like to read, it is as if they won an all expense paid trip to Europe but they forfeit their prize because they refuse to leave the tent they’ve been living in for the last 10 years.  It just seems crazy to me.  My mom taught me the love of reading.  Elizabeth loves to read just as much as I do.  She devours books.  Kai can’t read yet, but I am sure he will develop the same passion for reading as long as I keep the Star Wars books coming and present plenty of nonfiction books on building and construction.

No comments: