Friday, June 4, 2010

"So kiss me and smile for me..."


"...tell me that you'll wait for me, hold me like you'll never, let me go.  Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane, I don't know when I'll be back again, oh babe, I hate to go..."

Gotta sing a little Peter, Paul and Mary for the occasion.  Today, in about 3 hours, I leave for China.  I will meet the rest of our group of 10 at the Indianapolis airport.  I am completely ready to go.  I've been packing and making lists like someone with OCD for the past week. 

I thought maybe you might like to get to know the rest of the group just a little bit, so I'll share one of our little ice breaker activities with you to give you a feel for the group.

Susan Larimer, one of our leaders posed this question:  "If you had to chose to a super hero name for one of your special talents, what would it be?'

Susan -hers would be that she can write in cursive backwards and upside down.  I forget the name she gave herself.  Susan's daugher will also be joining us for the trip.
Catherine-"Frugal Fanny"-apparently she has a knack for stretching a dollar. 
Claire-"Concensus Maker"- she can get people who disagree to see each others' side and come to an agreement.
Sarah-"Pop Culture Whiz"-knows all there is to know about current pop culture.
Me-"Look Alike Girl"- it seems no matter where I go, people seem to think I am someone they know, unfortunately, I'm not.
Jill-I cannot remember what Jill said, but the girl has the most perfect teeth I've ever seen.  We'll call her "Miss Chicklet".  She's also the youngest on the trip.
Amy-"Time Bender"-she and her husband own 2 businesses, she just got her PhD, teaches in 3 different cities and a few other things.  That woman can manage a clock.  She is also my roomate.   I am hoping she rubs off on me.
Javan-"Foodie"- She loves to cook and try new foods.  She is also really good at helping ease other people into tryin gnew flavors and dishes.
Jieru-Our other fearless leader, who is also Chinese-"Hard Worker"- She told us of her time in high school and all of the hours she put in studying from early morning until late at night for 6 years in order to do well on the national exam for college.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

How's it going? I can't wait to hear!