Friday, June 11, 2010

Pearl Market Today

I am so happy I can access the blog!  Other people helped me get around the block here in China, so I will try my best to post at least a little bit.

Today we were to go to the Pearl Market.  Honestly, I almost stayed home.  I hate to shop and the last experience I had in Guangzhou was scary and overwhelming.  After a week of classes on some pretty heavy material, I felt whiped out.  BUT, I also didn't want to miss out, I I bit the bullet and went.

I am so glad I did too.  We took the subway, which was awesome!  One of my goals coming here was to feel comfortable and confident taking public transportation by myself.  I think I can really say that I can do all three, cab, bus and subway. The bus is the hardest because there is no English anywhere.  So we really need a student with us for that.  The subways were so clean and easy to navigate.  I guess they are really new.  I feel such a sense of pride each time we go out by ourselves and manage to get where we need to go.

I think it is about time for us to head out to dinner, Beijing Noodles.  YUM!  I have to laugh that I was so worried about the food, but the Peking University students have totally showed us around and now we know just where to go and what to get.  I cannot wait.  I have been eating so much.  Many of my pictures are of the food!  I will post more later now that I know I can get on!

No comments: