Monday, June 21, 2010

Quick Post

This will have to be a quick post.  Our chair has been hijacked by Jieru.  She is getting her wedding pictures taken today.  So, right now she has a photographer, make-up artist, husband and friends in her room.  She needed some extra seating, so our chair was volunteered for the job.  I am typing this bent over our desk.  I may have not mentioned this, but Jieru has two wedding ceremonies to do after she finishes this class with us.  One will be in her hometown which will have pretty much everyone in the town attending. She said about 300 people.  " I won't know most of them." She told me on our hike on the Great Wall.  As part of the traditional wedding, she and her husband must greet each visitor and give personally serve each person a glass of wine.  "That is my least favorite part."

The red dress is a more Chinese traditional dress and I think she is wearing that one in her hometown.  The other is obviously more Western and will wear it in her husband's hometown wedding. Doesn't she look beautiful?

No comments: