Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Danskin is Done!

Arriving


I am anxious and excited,

I am here


I am hoping I can make it through the swim,

Nerves are here


Look at this shifting sea of women, all shapes and sizes,

Beautifully strong, anticipating women are here


Men cheer for their wives, mothers, girlfriends, sisters,

Women they love are here


I do a dance, take a deep belly breath and say a prayer,

Courage is here


I swim, bike, and run with my sister by my side,

Family is here


We cross the finish line and I hold back the tears,

Joy is here


My sister and I vow to do it again next year, hopefully with more family…

Two new triathletes are here


Strength, Faith, Women. We did it.

And we are here.

3 comments:

The Martin Family said...

We are so proud of you two!!!

Anonymous said...

What a joy it was to watch you and Jenny conquer "Mount Danskin"! Dad and I have loved hearing all of the training stories and seeing you both accomplish such a daunting goal. Swim on, Little Fish!

no way said...

You guys are awesome! Now I want to do it too!