Friday, October 21, 2011

Perspective


There are times when I just need to look up and take a deep breath.  When I took this photo, that is exactly what I did.  It reminds me of Shel Silverstein's book, "The Giving Tree", one of Josh's favorite books.  I haven't picked up my camera for months.  The digital sensor needs to be fixed, which means filling out some paperwork, packing it up and sending it back to the manufacturer. 

Needless to say, that task has sat on my "To Do" list for the last several months.  But today, while walking Pippi, I noticed a leaf laying on the sidewalk with several rounded drops of dew sitting silently on top.  Rays of sunshine lit up half of the clear drops.  I longed for my camera and vowed to get it fixed.  There are times when everything in life feels like the life of my camera.  I pick it up, then hit some paperwork or a hassle, so I put it down.  Whatever I am doing collects some dust until something hits me out of the blue that calls me back to pick it up again. 


No comments: