Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Own What the Hell List

1. Color my hair auburn brown on my next appointment and see what it feels like.
2. Paint the mudroom door purple
3. Cut flowers from the yard. Put them in as many rooms as possible.
4. Try on hats. Buy one. Wear it all day.
5. Keep my camera with me all day. Take at least 20 pictures without changing my normal routine.
6. Visit the clock shop on the square in downtown Noblesville.
7. Smell every bin of coffee at Freshmarket. Buy a pound.
8. Organize my jewelery
9. Bake a cake from scratch for no particular reason.
10. Buy a bouquet of flowers for a friend.
11. Deliver them with a "Top 10 Reasons You Are Awesome" list.
12. Make a collage of all of the images that appeal to me.
13. Type up the St. Francis of Assisi prayer for peace and Marianne Williamson's poem, "Our Greatest Fear".
14. Frame them above my desk
15. Write out a personal mission statement.
16. Buy an essential oil from Whole Foods. Mix a couple of drops with water and spritz it around the house.
17. Click through Etsy for inspiration. Pretend I have $1,200 to spend.
18. Set aside a day for no radio or television.
19. Write down every hope and dream I am holding on to right now, tiny or huge, put them all in the blue jar. Hide the jar. :)
20. Wake up early and work on Kai's quilt before the kids get up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I may have to copy this...I like some of your things on your list...Great idea!

no way said...

Kate, I am really enjoying your recent blog posts. I have Julia Cameron's The Artists Way down in the basement, and I've never read it. I am in a creative rut right now, and I think I might go down and get it! Keep up the excellent posts!